ABC announced the celebrity-pro pairings for the upcoming edition of DANCING WITH THE STARS: ALL-STARS on today's Good Morning America. While some teams have remained intact from the first time the celebrity dancers competed on the show, others have been paired with brand new partners for the competition.
The upcoming season marks the first time prior contestants will return for another chance at winning the coveted mirror ball trophy for a very special All-Star season. From former champions to fan favorites, including a celebrity voted in by fans, the stars and their professional partners will return to the ballroom on Live National television during the season premiere of "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars," MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), followed by the premiere of "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show" on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
In a show first, fans will determine who the final All-Star cast member will be. The three celebrities vying to fill the 13th spot on the cast are Sabrina Bryan, Carson Kressley and Kyle Massey. Fans can vote for their favorite "Viewers' Choice: All-Star" at www.ABC.com/DancingwiththeStars, presented by Diet Pepsi until Friday, August 24 at 12:00 p.m., PT, to determine which of the three celebrities will be named the final All-Star contestant. Once voting has closed, the final cast member and his/her professional dance partner will be announced live on "Good Morning America" on Monday, August 27.
The 12 out of 13 celebrities and their professional partners heading to the dance floor this season are:
· Kirstie Alley partners with Maksim Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his 13th season.
· Pamela Anderson teams with Tristan MacManus, who returns for his 3rd season as a professional partner.
· Helio Castroneves joins Chelsie Hightower, who is returning for her 7th season.
· Joey Fatone partners with two-time champ Kym Johnson, who returns for her 12th season.
· Shawn Johnson joins three-time champ Derek Hough, who returns for his 10th season.
· Drew Lachey teams with Anna Trebunskaya, who returns for her 10th season.
· Gilles Marini partners with last season's champ, Peta Murgatroyd, who is returning for her 3rd season as a professional partner.
· Kelly Monaco joins Valentin Chmerkovskiy, who returns for his 3rd season.
· Apolo Anton Ohno teams with Season 13 champ Karina Smirnoff, who returns for her 12th season.
· Bristol Palin teams up with two-time champ Mark Ballas, who is returning for his 11th season.
· Melissa Rycroft joins Tony Dovolani, who returns for a 14th season.
· Emmitt Smith partners with two-time champ Cheryl Burke, who returns for her 14th season.