Fresh off the fins of Shark Week, Investigation Discovery's SHOCK WEEK conjures seven days of the most shocking cases and surprising discoveries, from (bleep)ingly bizarre marriage secrets to jailbirds who escape prison by mailing themselves to freedom. SHOCK WEEK features sizzling season premieres and all-new episodes from Monday, August 8 to Sunday, August 14.
SHOCK WEEK brings the return of two popular series, with season two of I ESCAPED: REAL PRISON BREAKS premiering on Tuesday, August 9 and season two of UNUSUAL SUSPECTS premiering on Sunday, August 14.
I ESCAPED: REAL PRISON BREAKS
Season 2 Premieres Tuesday, August 9 at 9 and 9:30 PM ET
I ESCAPED: REAL PRISON BREAKS recounts incredible true stories of some of the greatest jailhouse escapes in history. Barred windows, barbed-wire fences, and maximum security couldn't keep these inmates behind bars as they refused to surrender to incarceration. Learn about some of the most elaborate escape routes, from the crime that landed these jailbirds under lock and key to the hatching of their plan and the moment they made a break for it.
· The Pact Premieres Tuesday, August 9 at 9 PM ET William Davis and Douglas Gray, convicted killers serving life sentences, mail themselves to freedom with help from their privileged jailhouse jobs making road signs, which requires frequent trips to a local post office. The prison's first escape proves to have a fatal outcome. The duo doesn't account for the weather and nearly freezes to death in the forest. A home invasion arms them with guns, but the fugitives eventually flee to a house and take hostages. Agitated and desperate, they reveal their suicide pact to the police, vowing never to go back behind bars. Location: Springtown, OK
Season 2 Premieres Sunday, August 14 at 10 PM ET
UNUSUAL SUSPECTS is showcase some of the most notable and challenging investigations in contemporary law enforcement. Each one-hour episode profiles completed cases that were anything but "cut and dry," with twists, turns, multiple suspects, and the unlikely culprit who almost got away with it.
· Never Came Home Premieres Sunday, August 14 at 10 PM ET In 1996 in a small Catskills town, 15-year-old Joey Martin sneaks out of his bedroom window to watch the Hyakutake comet pass by earth. Friends Martin was supposed to meet report that he never showed up, leaving detectives wondering if he's run away, been abducted, gotten hurt, or perhaps his habit of hitchhiking has brought him bad luck. Without a body or witnesses, the trail goes cold. Then in 2008, a young detective takes a fresh look at Joey's file, uncovering clues that lead to the shocking story of the teen's fate. Location: Kerhonkson, NY
BEHIND MANSION WALLS
Season 1 Finale Airs Monday, August 20 at 10 PM ET
What happens to the rich and privileged when money no longer buys happiness? BEHIND MANSION WALLS slips under the veil of wealth to reveal sensational stories of mystery and murder. With society journalist Christopher Mason, BEHIND MANSION WALLS chronicles the secret affairs, hidden accounts, and false identities that lurk in The Shadows of America's gated communities.
· Secret Lives Premieres Monday, August 8 at 10 PM ET
· Sex Obsessions - Helmuth Buxbaum made his name and cash with a $20 million Canadian nursing home empire, but secretly he was a cocaine addict desperate to trade in his wife, Hanna, for a sexier object of desire. In an elaborate murder-for-hire plot, Buxbaum paid his drug dealer to snatch Hanna from their car in 1984 and shoot her while their nephew watched in horror. Prosecution noted that nearly $2 million had recently been withdrawn from Buxbaum's bank account and he took out a $1 million life insurance policy on Hanna. He died in prison in 2007 and his five children are still fighting over their inheritance. Location: Ontario
· Millionaire in Disguise - Fugitive Robert Durst was finally caught when he shoplifted a chicken salad sandwich in 2001. The 58-year-old was wanted for murders in Texas and California and for questioning in the 1982 disappearance of his wife. Heir to a billion-dollar New York real-estate empire, Durst was set for life until his brother was chosen to run the business. He quit in a huff, began cross-dressing and went on the run. Apprehended after he killed a neighbor, chopped him up, and disposed of the corpse in Galveston Bay, Durst claimed self-defense, and wound up serving only seven months in prison. Locations: Texas and California
WHO THE (BLEEP) DID I MARRY?
New Episodes Premiere Wednesdays at 10 PM ET
Pulling back the curtain on bizarre double lives, WHO THE (BLEEP) DID I MARRY? examines stories of couples in which one spouse has hidden a shocking secret. From bank robbers to bigamists and international spies, these sometimes shocking characters will have viewers shaking their heads in disbelief and wondering how the truths behind these scandalous spouses were kept hidden for so long.