JIMMY KIMMEL Scorest Most-Watched Week in 10 Year History
JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE, ABC
Past Articles by This Author:
ABC Takes Tuesday Night with 2013 NBA FinalsPRETTY LITTLE LIARS Returns as Cable's Highest-Rated ProgramBravo Promotes Ellen Stone to Executive Vice President, MarketingNBC Unveils Sports Events Coverage, 6/12-7/7VIDEO: Stephen King Takes Viewers UNDER THE DOME in New FeaturetteAnamanaguchi to Perform on LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON, 6/17BBC America Announces New Four-Part Docu-Series MY GOD, FULL OF STARSDiscovery Channel's KING OF THE GRILL to Premiere 6/26Disney XD's DISNEY TRYATHLON Two-Part Special to Air 8/12 & 19LATE SHOW's 'Top Ten 'Little-Known Facts About Superman?
With its new lineup of "Jimmy Kimmel Live" at 11:35 p.m. and "Nightline" at 12:35 a.m., ABC ranked as the No. 1 network in late-night in both Total Viewers (2.624 million) and Adults 18-49 (922,000), winning the week for the 11th time in 16 weeks this season.
• ABC delivered its biggest overall audience in late-night in 6 weeks (since the week of 11/26/12) and its 2nd-best performance with young adults so far this season.
• ABC saw double-digit gains over the same week last year (2.199 million and 751,000 on w/o 1/9/12) of 19% in Total Viewers and 23% in Adults 18-49, standing as the only broadcaster in late-night to grow year over year in either Nielsen measure.
"Jimmy Kimmel Live"
During its first week in its new 11:35 p.m. time slot (Tuesday-Friday), ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" attracted its biggest audience in its history (3.017 million), surpassing the show's previous high by 26% (2.388 million on w/o 11/21/11). In fact, with Thursday's broadcast (3.194 million) and Tuesday's time period debut (3.102 million), "JKL" scored 2 of its Top 3 most-watched regular telecasts ever. In addition, "JKL" delivered its best performance with Adults 18-49 (1.070 million) in over 9 years (since w/o of 11/24/03).
• Thursday's broadcast of "JKL" was the week's No. 1 telecast in late-night among Adults 18-49 (1.268 million).
• "Jimmy Kimmel Live" ranked as the week's No. 1 show in late-night in Adults 18-49, beating runner-up NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" by 3% (1.070 million vs. 1.038 million).
• "Jimmy Kimmel Live" beat CBS' "The Late Show with David Letterman" during the week by 31% in Adults 18-49 (1.070 million vs. 819,000), marking "JKL's" first-ever in-season win and its largest margin of victory ever during any week over "The Late Show." In addition, the ABC late-night program topped "The Late Show" on all 4 head-to-head telecasts with young adults.
• "JKL" grew over its 2012-13 season averages in its previous 12:00 a.m. time slot by 55% in Total Viewers (3.017 million vs. 1.942 million) and by 60% in Adults 18-49 (1.070 million vs. 667,000).
In its first week (January 8-11, 2013) in its new 12:35 a.m. time-slot, "Nightline" ranked No. 1 versus its CBS and NBC competition in Total Viewers (1.760 million) and in the key Adult 25-54 demo (814,000), topping CBS' "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.365 million and 615,000, respectively) and NBC's "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.591 million and 746,000, respectively), according to Nielsen Media Research.
"Nightline" turned in ABC's strongest performance of the season in the time period in Adults 25-54, while hitting the Net's best numbers in the time slot in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 since November - since w/o 11/26/12 and w/o 11/05/12, respectively.
"Nightline" improved ABC's performance in the time period on the same nights last year (January 10-13, 2012) by 25% in Total Viewers (1.760 million vs. 1.411 million), by 12% in Adults 25-54 (814,000 vs. 729,000) and by 6% in Adults 18-49 (597,000 vs. 563,000).
More Articles by This Author...