Jennifer Lawrence-Hosted SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Dominates Time Period
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, NBC
Past Articles by This Author:
Writers Guild of America East Takes New NameTLC to Air Two-Part Special HONEY DO, 6/17VIDEO: Kevin Bacon & More Appear at FOX First-Ever Fan FrontESPN to Launch Daily Soccer Studio Show This SummerPBS to Bring LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX to U.S.VIDEO: Fischer, Krasinski & More Bid Farewell to NBC's THE OFFICEPBS Announces Premiere Date for DOWNTON ABBEY - Season 4!VIDEO: First Look - Trailers for New FOX Series GANG RELATED,SURVIVING JACKYahoo!, CNBC Launch Original Co-Production TALKING NUMBERSNBC Matches Highest Weeklong Primetime 18-49 Rating
"Saturday Night Live," with host Jennifer Lawrence and musical guest The Lumineers (4.9/12 in metered-market households) dominated its time period. "SNL" scored the #1 rating of the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX in metered-market households, topping all primetime telecasts on those networks.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, last night's "Saturday Night Live" averaged a 2.8 rating, 12 share in adults 18-49. "SNL" delivered the top rating of the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX in the Local People Meters, out-rating all primetime programming on those networks.
* In the Local People Meters, "Saturday Night Live" matched its highest adult 18-49 rating since November 3 (with a telecast hosted by Louis C.K. with musical guest fun, 3.0).
Saturday Primetime Results:
* At 8 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of "Deception" averaged a 0.4/1 in 18-49 and 1.6 million viewers overall.
* At 9 p.m. ET, a rebroadcast of "Chicago Fire" earned a 0.4/1 in 18-49 and 2.4 million viewers overall. From its first half-hour to its second, "Chicago Fire" grew by 25 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 0.5 from a 0.4) and by 11 percent in total viewers (2.5 million vs. 2.3 million).
* At 10 p.m. ET, a rebroadcast of "Laws & Order: Special Victims Unit" delivered a 0.7/2 in 18-49 and 3.2 million viewers overall. "SVU" grew from its first half-hour to its second by 14 percent in adults 18-49 (to a 0.8 rating from a 0.7), 22 percent in adults 25-54 (1.1 vs. 0.9) and 10 percent in total viewers (3.4 million vs. 3.1 million).
Friday Primetime Results:
* At 8 p.m., an encore telecast of "Betty White's Off Their Rockers" averaged a 0.9/3 in 18-49 and 3.7 million viewers overall, hitting four-week highs in the slot for NBC in both categories. At 8:30, a second "Betty White's Off Their Rockers" rebroadcast averaged a 0.9/3 and 3.7 million viewers, delivering NBC's biggest overall audience in the slot since December 21.
* From 9-11 p.m. ET, Dateline NBC" averaged a 1.2/3 in 18-49 and 5.1 million viewers overall. From its first half-hour to its fourth, "Dateline" grew by 30 percent in adults 18-49 (to a 1.3 rating from a 1.0), by 29 percent in adults 25-54 (1.8 vs. 1.4) and 14 percent in total viewers (5.3 million vs. 4.6 million).
In Late-Night Metered Markets Friday night:
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.8/7; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.6/6; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.1/5.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 Wednesday results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 0.8/4; "Late Show," 0.6/3; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.8/3.
* From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET Wednesday night, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.7/5 in metered-market households and a 0.6/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
* From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.5/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/3 in 18-49) topped "Late Late Show" (0.3/2).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 1.0/4 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.
|Hottest Articles on BWW from Tuesday, May. 21|
by - May 21, 2013
|Scoop: LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON on NBC - Week of May 27, 2013|
by TV Scoop - May 21, 2013
|Photo Flash: REVOLUTION's 'The Dark Tower,' Airing 6/3|
May 21, 2013
|Scoop: REVOLUTION on NBC - Monday, June 3, 2013|
by TV Scoop - May 21, 2013
|Photo Flash: First Look - Tomorrow's Season Finale of LAW & ORDER: SVU|
May 21, 2013
More Articles by This Author...