New York's THIRTEEN, the flagship station of PBS, and Kids THIRTEEN today announced the winners of the Kids THIRTEEN Poster Contest launched in fall 2012 as part of a year-long celebration to help commemorate the station's 50th anniversary.
The grand prize winners of the contest are Sasha I, Grade 5, Forest Hills, New York and Sharon L, Grade 8, Holmdel, New Jersey. K-5th Grade Runner Ups are Fauzan A, Bora Z, Ojyiede C, Rachel G, Sophie H, Hafsah A, Nathanael K, Kian A, Sarah B, Sneha M, Kavin S, Aquinnah G, Sincere C, and Kylie K. 6th - 8th Grade Runner Ups are Henry G, Nick T, Erica D, Ricardo D, Maurice L, Lucecita D, and Dante A. The winning posters will be used as a membership premium for members of Kids Club THIRTEEN during the 50th anniversary season.
To view the winning posters, click on the contest's Web site.
From September through December 7, 2012, Kids THIRTEEN invited children, grades K-8, in the tri-state area to create a poster inspired by their favorite THIRTEEN kids programming to wish THIRTEEN a Happy 50th Anniversary. The posters were judged based upon inclusion of the "Happy 50th Anniversary THIRTEEN!" theme, creativity and originality, and visual clarity and appeal. Judges for the contest included employees of THIRTEEN Interactive Engagement Group and its affiliates and educators.
Among the items included in the Grand Prize Pack are:
- One-year membership to Kids Club THIRTEEN
- A private birthday party (space and show) for up to 100 guests at the Swedish CottageMarionette Theatre
- One-year membership to the Museum of the City of New York & South Street Seaport Museum
- "The Nutcracker" shirts, ornaments and more gifts from American Ballet Theatre" href="http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001QvNPabsNTOZPCb_jcWg6SAaKCcbhz5GnP_EygMgK7E6sNFpmKtiE3ZlJq3uG1asR-PsANbDLQoGl9PGPrxC2CD80OenzADROxLHtG7gJg5Y=" shape="rect" target="_blank">American Ballet Theatre
- Prizes from The New Victory Theater featuring New Victory merchandise including autographed books and a family four-pack of tickets to an upcoming performance
- Gifts such as books, plush dolls, figurines, DVDs, bookbags, and more from Kids THIRTEEN programs, including: "Angelina Ballerina," "Curious George," "Martha Speaks," "Cyberchase," "Arthur," "Thomas and Friends," and "PEEP and the Big Wide World." Click for image
- Plus, thirteen runners-up from each grade group (K-5 and 6-8) will receive a Kids THIRTEEN prize pack.
- Winning posters will also be offered as a premium to Kids Club THIRTEEN new and renewing members in 2013.
The Kids THIRTEEN Poster Contest was sponsored by Interactive Engagement Group ("THIRTEEN Interactive"), 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019. Children of THIRTEEN employees or any affiliate (i.e., Interactive Engagement Group, WNET, WLIW and NJTV) were not eligible to enter the contest.