NBC Sweeps Tuesday; THE VOICE Dominates with Three-Week High in Viewers
THE VOICE, NBC
Past Articles by This Author:
Writers Guild of America East Takes New NameTLC to Air Two-Part Special HONEY DO, 6/17VIDEO: Kevin Bacon & More Appear at FOX First-Ever Fan FrontESPN to Launch Daily Soccer Studio Show This SummerPBS to Bring LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX to U.S.VIDEO: Fischer, Krasinski & More Bid Farewell to NBC's THE OFFICEPBS Announces Premiere Date for DOWNTON ABBEY - Season 4!VIDEO: First Look - Trailers for New FOX Series GANG RELATED,SURVIVING JACKYahoo!, CNBC Launch Original Co-Production TALKING NUMBERSNBC Matches Highest Weeklong Primetime 18-49 Rating
NBC won its fourth consecutive Tuesday in 18-49, this time by a margin of 54 percent (with a 4.0 rating vs. CBS's second-place 2.6). NBC won six of six half-hours among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49.
* From 8-10 p.m. ET, "The Voice" (4.6/12 in 18-49, 12.1 million viewers overall) equaled the show's highest Tuesday rating in five weeks (since September 18) and hit a three-week high in total viewers (pending updates). "The Voice" scored the #1 18-49 rating of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox and is up 7 percent week to week (4.6 vs. 4.3 for last week's 8-9 p.m. edition). "The Voice" won the time period by a 48 percent margin (with a 4.6 rating vs. a 3.1 for CBS's second-place dramas). "The Voice" is up 130 percent versus NBC's average in the time period last season in 18-49 rating (4.6 vs. 2.0) and up 97 percent in total viewers (12.055 million vs. 6.116 million).
* "The Voice" grew by 0.8 of a point in 18-49 or 20 percent from half-hour to half-hour (to a 4.9 from a 4.1) and by 18 percent or 2.0 million persons in total viewers (12.9 million vs. 10.9 million).
* From 10 p.m. ET, the NBC News special "Sandy's Fury" (2.9/8 in 18-49, 8.3 million in total viewers) is #1 among ABC, CBS and NBC in the time period in adults 18-49, adults 25-54 and all other key demographics. The 2.9 in 18-49 is the highest-rating in this time slot, excluding debate coverage, on ABC, CBS and NBC so far this season. "Sandy's Fury" led the hour among ABC, CBS and NBC with a winning margin of 71 percent over CBS's "Vegas" (2.9 vs. 1.7).
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night (averages currently exclude seven markets, including some of the country's biggest: New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, Baltimore, Hartford, Providence and Columbus):
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 3.1/8; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 3.0/8; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 3.1/7; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.7/5.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 1.0/5; "Late Show," 0.6/3; "Nightline," 1.0/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3.
* At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.5/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.4/5). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/3 in 18-49) beat "Late Late Show" (0.4/3).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.9/4 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
|August Wilson Center for African American Culture Presents THE FIRST VOICE Festival, Now thru 5/25|
by Jessica Showers - May 23, 2013
|Kelly Clarkson Will Not Return to AMERICAN IDOL as Judge; Jennifer Hudson Still Under Consideration?|
May 23, 2013
|Scoop: THE TODAY SHOW on NBC - Week of June 3, 2013|
by TV Scoop - May 23, 2013
|Salonga Comments On ALLEGIANCE, Cafe Carylye, THE VOICE & More|
by Pat Cerasaro - May 23, 2013
|Scoop: THE TODAY SHOW on NBC - Week of May 27, 2013|
by TV Scoop - May 23, 2013
More Articles by This Author...