Past Articles by This Author:
ABC Takes Tuesday Night with 2013 NBA FinalsPRETTY LITTLE LIARS Returns as Cable's Highest-Rated ProgramBravo Promotes Ellen Stone to Executive Vice President, MarketingNBC Unveils Sports Events Coverage, 6/12-7/7VIDEO: Stephen King Takes Viewers UNDER THE DOME in New FeaturetteAnamanaguchi to Perform on LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON, 6/17BBC America Announces New Four-Part Docu-Series MY GOD, FULL OF STARSDiscovery Channel's KING OF THE GRILL to Premiere 6/26Disney XD's DISNEY TRYATHLON Two-Part Special to Air 8/12 & 19LATE SHOW's 'Top Ten 'Little-Known Facts About Superman?
From 8-9 p.m. ET, "Betty White's Second Annual 90th Birthday Special" (1.5/4 in 18-49, 6.0 million viewers overall) captured NBC's biggest overall audience in the time period since December 18. In the time slot, "Betty White's Second Annual 90th Birthday Special" ranked #2 among ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX in total viewers. From its first half-hour to its second, the special grew by 7 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 1.5 from a 1.4).
* From 9-11 p.m. ET, "Smash" (1.1/3 in 18-49, 4.5 million in total viewers) earned NBC's top total-viewer result in the slot since January 8. Keep in mind that last season, "Smash" originals added an average of 47 percent to these next-day "live plus same day" ratings in 18-49 when Nielsen reported "live plus seven day" results.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night:
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.4/6; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.6/7; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.2/6.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 0.6/3; "Late Show," 0.6/3; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.7/4.
* From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.3/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/2 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
* From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.3/4 in metered-market households) tied CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.3/5). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.4/3 in 18-49) tied "Late Late Show" (0.4/2).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households and a 0.2/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.
More Articles by This Author...