NBC's THE VOICE Delivers No. 1 Rating of the Night
Past Articles by This Author:
Writers Guild of America East Takes New NameTLC to Air Two-Part Special HONEY DO, 6/17VIDEO: Kevin Bacon & More Appear at FOX First-Ever Fan FrontESPN to Launch Daily Soccer Studio Show This SummerPBS to Bring LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX to U.S.VIDEO: Fischer, Krasinski & More Bid Farewell to NBC's THE OFFICEPBS Announces Premiere Date for DOWNTON ABBEY - Season 4!VIDEO: First Look - Trailers for New FOX Series GANG RELATED,SURVIVING JACKYahoo!, CNBC Launch Original Co-Production TALKING NUMBERSNBC Matches Highest Weeklong Primetime 18-49 Rating
NBC ranks #1 on Monday night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 for a 9th week in a row, last night winning six of six half-hours among those networks.
NBC won its ninth consecutive in-season Monday night in adults 18-49 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, NBC's longest Monday winning streak in-season in the 25-year history of Nielsen's people meter sample (since September 1987).
* From 8-10:01 p.m. ET, "The Voice" (3.7 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49, 10.5 million viewers overall) delivered the #1 rating of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, making it Monday's top entertainment telecast for an 11th week in a row. "The Voice" topped CBS's comedy lineup from 8-10 p.m. by a margin of 32 percent (with a 3.7 rating vs. a 2.8) and beat ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" by 61 percent (3.7 vs. 2.3).
* "The Voice" is currently matching its rating for the third Monday live telecast of its prior cycle (3.7 on April 16).
* "The Voice" is #1 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in the time period in every key demographic: adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54.
* At 10:01 p.m. ET, "Revolution" (2.6/7 in adults 18-49, 7.0 million viewers overall) equaled last week's 18-49 rating and ranked #1 in the time period on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49 and most other key demographics. "Revolution" is currently delivering an 18 percent margin of victory in 18-49 (with a 2.6 rating vs. a 2.2 for CBS's #2 "Hawaii Five-0"). "Revolution" is up 63 percent versus NBC's average in the time period last season in 18-49 rating (2.6 vs. 1.6, L+SD non-sports) and up 38 percent in total viewers (7.040 million vs. 5.106 million).
* Note that "Revolution" has established itself as a highly time-shifted show, with last week's telecast delivering a 50 percent gain going from "live plus same day" ratings (2.60) to "live plus three days" (3.91).
In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday night (the New York market is excluded from these averages):
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.9/7; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.5/6; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 3.2/8; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.6/5.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 0.9/4; "Late Show," 0.8/4; "Nightline," 1.0/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3.
* At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.4/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.3/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/3 in 18-49) tied "Late Late Show" (0.4/2).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.9/4 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
More Articles by This Author...