NBC's THE VOICE Delivers No. 1 Rating of the Night
Past Articles by This Author:
ABC Takes Tuesday Night with 2013 NBA FinalsPRETTY LITTLE LIARS Returns as Cable's Highest-Rated ProgramBravo Promotes Ellen Stone to Executive Vice President, MarketingNBC Unveils Sports Events Coverage, 6/12-7/7VIDEO: Stephen King Takes Viewers UNDER THE DOME in New FeaturetteAnamanaguchi to Perform on LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON, 6/17BBC America Announces New Four-Part Docu-Series MY GOD, FULL OF STARSDiscovery Channel's KING OF THE GRILL to Premiere 6/26Disney XD's DISNEY TRYATHLON Two-Part Special to Air 8/12 & 19LATE SHOW's 'Top Ten 'Little-Known Facts About Superman?
NBC won its 12th consecutive in-season Monday night in adults 18-49 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox and 10th in-season Monday, NBC's longest Monday winning streak in-season in the 25-year history of Nielsen's people meter sample (since September 1987).
* From 8-10:01 p.m. ET, "The Voice" (4.2 rating, 10 share in adults 18-49, 12.2 million viewers overall) delivered the #1 rating of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, making it Monday's top entertainment telecast for a 12th week in a row. "The Voice" topped CBS's comedy lineup from 8-10 p.m. by a margin of 20 percent (with a 4.2 rating vs. a 3.5) and beat ABC's 8-10 p.m. competition of "Dancing With the Stars" and season premiere of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" by 110 percent (4.2 vs. 2.0).
* "The Voice" is currently up versus the prior week by 14 percent in 18-49 rating (4.2 vs. 3.7) and 15 percent or 1.6 million persons in total viewers (12.185 million vs. 10.597 million), pending updates. "The Voice" is also currently up 11 percent versus its rating for the fourth Monday live telecast of its prior cycle (3.8 on April 23).
* At 10:01 p.m. ET, "Revolution" (2.9/8 in adults 18-49, 8.7 million viewers overall) currently ranks #1 in the time period on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 and all other key demographics. "Revolution" is up 81 percent versus NBC's average in the time period last season in 18-49 rating (2.9 vs. 1.6, L+SD non-sports) and up 70 percent in total viewers (8.704 million vs. 5.106 million).
* "Revolution" is currently up versus the prior week by 12 percent in 18-49 rating (2.9 vs. 2.6), for its highest rating since October 29 (pending updates). In total viewers, "Revolution" is currently up 24 percent week to week (8.704 million vs. 7.020 million)
* Note that "Revolution" has established itself as a highly time-shifted show, with last week's telecast delivering a 58 percent gain going from "live plus same day" ratings (2.57) to "live plus three days" (4.05).
In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday night (the New York market is excluded from these averages):
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 3.1/8; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.3/6 with an encore; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 3.0/7; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.6/5.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 1.0/5; "Late Show," 0.6/3 with an encore; "Nightline," 0.9/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3.
* At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.4/5 in metered-market households with an encore) beat CBS's first-run "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.5/3 in 18-49 with an encore) tied "Late Late Show" (0.4/3).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.9/4 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated. Season figures are averages of "live plus seven day" data except for the two most recent weeks, which are "live plus same day."
|Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek, John Krasinski, Quvenzhane Wallis and More to Lend Voices to THE PROPHET Animated Film?|
June 18, 2013
|Bell Comments On FROZEN & Menzel, Character Images Revealed|
by Pat Cerasaro - June 18, 2013
|THE VOICE & AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Boost NBC's Weekly Ratings|
June 18, 2013
|Lily Tomlin Returns to Segerstrom Center for the Arts, 6/22|
June 18, 2013
|Wynn Las Vegas Reveals Odds to Win THE VOICE Season 4|
June 18, 2013
More Articles by This Author...