NBC's THE VOICE Delivers the #1 Results of the Night
THE VOICE, NBC, Reality TV
Past Articles by This Author:
Writers Guild of America East Takes New NameTLC to Air Two-Part Special HONEY DO, 6/17VIDEO: Kevin Bacon & More Appear at FOX First-Ever Fan FrontESPN to Launch Daily Soccer Studio Show This SummerPBS to Bring LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX to U.S.VIDEO: Fischer, Krasinski & More Bid Farewell to NBC's THE OFFICEPBS Announces Premiere Date for DOWNTON ABBEY - Season 4!VIDEO: First Look - Trailers for New FOX Series GANG RELATED,SURVIVING JACKYahoo!, CNBC Launch Original Co-Production TALKING NUMBERSNBC Matches Highest Weeklong Primetime 18-49 Rating
NBC ranks #1 on Monday night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 for a ninth week in a row, last night winning six of six half-hours among those networks.
* From 8-10:01 p.m. ET, THE VOICE (4.5 rating, 11 share in adults 18-49, 12.2 million viewers overall) delivered the #1 results of the night on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, making it Monday's top entertainment telecast for a ninth week in a row. Pending updates, "The Voice" is currently leading CBS's comedy lineup from 8-10 p.m. by a margin of 67 percent (with a 4.5 rating vs. a 2.7) and topping ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" by 114 percent (4.5 vs. 2.1). "The Voice" is also currently #1 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in the slot in all other key demographics, pending updates.
* At 10:01 p.m. ET, "Revolution" (2.9/8 in adults 18-49, 7.7 million viewers overall) is currently #1 in the time period on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49 and every other key demographic, pending updates. "Revolution" is currently delivering a 45 percent margin of victory in 18-49 (with a 2.9 rating vs. a 2.0 for CBS's #2 "Hawaii Five-0"), pending updates. "Revolution" is currently up 81 percent versus NBC's average in the time period last season in 18-49 rating (2.9 vs. 1.6, L+SD non-sports) and up 52 percent in total viewers (7.739 million vs. 5.106 million), pending updates.
* Note that "Revolution" has established itself as a highly time-shifted show, with a gain in newly released Week 4 "live plus seven day" results of 1.82 rating points versus its next-day "live plus same day" rating (to a 5.16 rating from a 3.34). That lift made "Revolution" the #2 drama of Week 4 on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49, within 0.04 points of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" (5.20) for the week. Last week's "Revolution" also grew by 1.30 points or 43 percent going from "live plus same day" (2.99) to "live plus three days" (4.29).
In Late-Night Metered Markets Monday night (the New York market is excluded from these averages):
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.9/8; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.1/6; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 2.9/7; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.5/5.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 1.0/5; "Late Show," 0.6/3; "Nightline," 0.9/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.6/3.
* At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.4/5 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.4/3 in 18-49) tied "Late Late Show" (0.4/3).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.9/4 in metered-market households and a 0.3/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated. Season figures are averages of "live plus seven day" data except for the two most recent weeks, which are "live plus same day."
|August Wilson Center for African American Culture Presents THE FIRST VOICE Festival, Now thru 5/25|
by Jessica Showers - May 23, 2013
|Kelly Clarkson Will Not Return to AMERICAN IDOL as Judge; Jennifer Hudson Still Under Consideration?|
May 23, 2013
|Scoop: THE TALK on CBS - Week of May 27, 2013|
by TV Scoop - May 23, 2013
|Scoop: THE TODAY SHOW on NBC - Week of June 3, 2013|
by TV Scoop - May 23, 2013
|Salonga Comments On ALLEGIENCE, Cafe Carylye, THE VOICE & More|
by Pat Cerasaro - May 23, 2013
More Articles by This Author...