Past Articles by This Author:
Writers Guild of America East Takes New NameTLC to Air Two-Part Special HONEY DO, 6/17VIDEO: Kevin Bacon & More Appear at FOX First-Ever Fan FrontESPN to Launch Daily Soccer Studio Show This SummerPBS to Bring LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX to U.S.VIDEO: Fischer, Krasinski & More Bid Farewell to NBC's THE OFFICEPBS Announces Premiere Date for DOWNTON ABBEY - Season 4!VIDEO: First Look - Trailers for New FOX Series GANG RELATED,SURVIVING JACKYahoo!, CNBC Launch Original Co-Production TALKING NUMBERSNBC Matches Highest Weeklong Primetime 18-49 Rating
From 8-8:30 p.m. ET, "Whitney" (1.3/4 in 18-49, 3.8 million viewers overall) delivered its highest 18-49 rating in five weeks (since January 30) and biggest overall audience since January 9.
* "Whitney" generated week-to-week growth for a second straight week in both categories, increasing by 8 percent in 18-49 rating (1.3 vs. 1.2) and 13 percent in total viewers (3.845 million vs. 3.408 million) versus one week earlier and growing by 18 percent in 18-49 (1.3 vs. 1.1) and 22 percent in total viewers (3.845 million vs. 3.144 million) versus two weeks ago.
* From 8:30-9 p.m. ET, an encore "Whitney" averaged a 1.0/3 in 18-49 and 2.9 million viewers overall. This is the top-rated "Whitney" in 18-49 among four rebroadcasts aired so far this season (with the other three running in the 8-8:30 half-hour).
* At 9 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1.1/3 in adults 18-49, 4.2 million viewers overall) captured the show's second-highest 18-49 and total-viewer results among four rebroadcasts so far this season.
* At 10 p.m. ET, a rebroadcast "Chicago Fire" (1.0/3 in adults 18-49, 3.9 million viewers overall) maintained its 18-49 rating from its first half-hour to its second while drama encores on ABC and CBS in that hour declined by 0.2 of a point each.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Wednesday night:
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 2.3/6 with an encore telecast; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.1/6 with an encore; and ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 2.1/6.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 Wednesday results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 0.6/3 with an encore; "Late Show," 0.6/3 with an encore; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.8/4.
* From 12:35-1:05 a.m. ET Wednesday night, ABC's "Nightline" averaged a 1.3/5 in metered-market households and a 0.4/3 in 18-49 in the Local People Meters.
* From 12:35-1:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.1/4 in metered-market households with an encore) trailed CBS's first-run "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.2/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) tied "Late Late Show" (0.4/3).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 0.7/3 in metered-market households with an encore and a 0.2/2 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.
More Articles by This Author...