Two-time defending champion Michael Phelps and world record holder Ryan Lochte go head-to-head in the final of the 200 individual medley on NBC in primetime on Thursday night. Also in primetime, Missy Franklin looks to earn her third gold - fourth medal overall - in the 100m freestyle. Team gold medal gymnasts Gabby Douglas and Aly Raisman compete in the women's all-around gold medal final.
LIVE on NBC Sports Network, Team USA's men's basketball team, including Kobe Bryant and Lebron James, continues their quest for the gold as they take on Nigeria tomorrow at 5:15 p.m. ET.
LIVE (ET/CT) on NBC in daytime, Team USA's men's water polo team, led by captain Tony Azevedo, compete against Olympic host nation Great Britain at 1:20 p.m.
All of the events mentioned above, and all other events will be live streamed on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Olympics Live Extra app, available on mobile devices and tablets. The vast majority of live stream content will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite or telco customers.
For more information on live streaming, please go to: NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
For the full schedule of NBCUniversal's Olympic coverage, please go to: NBCOlympics.com
Listings subject to change (all times ET unless otherwise noted). Changes are italicized.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 2 (Day 6)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (9 a.m. CT/PT)
Swimming - Qualifying Heats
Men's Water Polo - U.S. vs. Great Britain (LIVE)
Cycling - Track Gold Medal Finals (LIVE)
Whitewater, Men's C-2 Gold Medal Final (LIVE)
White Water, Women's K-1 Gold Medal Final
Rowing - Gold Medal Finals
Beach Volleyball -
Women's Kessy/Ross (U.S.) vs. Liliana/Baquerizo (Spain) (LIVE)
Men's - Rogers/Dalhausser (U.S.) vs. Benes/Kubala (Czech Republic) (LIVE)
· Michael Phelps' qualifying swim in the 100 butterfly, the event he won by the narrowest of margins - just .01 seconds - over Serbia's Milorad Cavic in Beijing. Plus 17-year old Colorado phenom Missy Franklin swims in the 200 backstroke, where she is the reigning world champion and favorite for gold.
· LIVE (ET/CT) coverage of the U.S. men's water polo team against host Great Britain. The U.S. men earned a surprise silver in Beijing, but are focused on gold in London. Led by captain Tony Azevedo, the team sacrificed hundreds of thousands of dollars collectively by not playing professionally overseas this year to train together for the Olympics.
· LIVE (ET/CT) coverage of the men's and women's team sprint track cycling finals from what promises to be one of the most exciting venues of the Games, the Velodrome.
· LIVE (ET/CT) coverage of beach volleyball, one of the Games' hottest sports, comes to the heart of ceremonial London, at Horse Guards Parade. Americans Todd Rogers and Phil Dalhausser, "The Professor" and "The Thin Beast," continue their gold medal defense.
8 p.m. - Midnight (ET/PT)
Women's Gymnastics - All-Around Gold Medal Final
Swimming - Gold Medal Finals
Men's 200M Backstroke
Men's 200M Individual Medley
Women's 200M Breaststroke
Women's 100M Freestyle
Men's Volleyball - U.S. vs. Brazil
Rowing - Women's Eights Gold Medal Final
· The last two Olympic all-around champions, Carly Patterson (2004) and Nastia Liukin (2008), both hailed not only from the U.S. but from the very same Texas gym. With Michigan's Jordyn Wieber, the reigning world all-around champion, and Virginia-born Gabby Douglas, who trained for the Games in West Des Moines alongside four-time Beijing medalist Shawn Johnson, the U.S. has two gymnasts with gold medal potential. Tonight they're expected to go toe-to-toe with a pair of talented Russian rivals, Aliya Mustafina and Viktoria Komova.
· Coverage of the U.S. men's volleyball team against Brazil. The American men won their first Olympic gold in 20 years in Beijing and have been surging recently as they look to repeat as Olympic champions.
· Tonight is the 200m individual medley, Round 2 of Michael Phelps vs. Ryan Lochte. Phelps is the reigning Olympic champion and Lochte is the reigning world champion and current world record holder. Phelps nipped Lochte by less than a tenth of a second at Trials. It will be part of a very busy night for Lochte, who is favored for gold in the 200m backstroke that begins just 30 minutes before his clash with Phelps. For Lochte, who turns 28 the following day, there would be no better birthday present than a pair of gold medals. Meanwhile, swimming's new sensation, 17-year-old Missy Franklin, dives in for the 100m freestyle, the fifth of seven events on her ambitious Olympic program. In the 200m breaststroke, Rebecca Soni is the reigning Olympic and world champion, and she has a chance to here to complete the first women's breaststroke sweep in 16 years.
· And in rowing, the U.S. women's eight has won every world and Olympic title since 2006 and will attempt to build on its dynasty in the nation that helped give rise to competitive rowing nearly 200 years ago.
12:35 a.m. - 1:35 a.m. (ET/PT)
Men's Table Tennis - Singles Gold Medal Final
Rowing - Gold Medal Final
Cycling - Track Events
· Gold medals are on the line in men's table tennis and women's whitewater kayaking.
NBC SPORTS NETWORK
4 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Men's Basketball - Qualifying Round (LIVE)
U.S. vs. Nigeria (LIVE)
France vs. Lithuania (LIVE)
Brazil vs. Russia (LIVE)
Beach Volleyball -
Men's - Alison/Emanuel (Brazil) vs. Nicolai/Lupo (Italy)
Men's - Nummerdor/Schull (Netherlands) vs. Plavins/Smedins (Latvia)
Women's Field Hockey - Qualifying Round
U.S. vs. Australia (LIVE)
China vs. Netherlands
Women's Judo - 78KG Gold Medal Final (LIVE)
Boxing - Elimination Bouts
NBC SPORTS NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS
· The U.S. men's basketball team, led by LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, is back in action. The Americans continue their attempt to defend their Olympic gold medal from Beijing. Plus LIVE beach volleyball and women's field hockey, where Team USA takes on Australia.
· 2010 world champion Kayla Harrison, who is coached by two-time Olympic bronze medalist Jimmy Pedro and his father, aims to win the first ever American gold medal in Olympic judo
7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tennis - (LIVE)
Mixed Doubles Quarterfinals
· Tennis continues with live singles quarterfinals and live doubles semifinals from the historic grass courts of Wimbledon.
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Volleyball - Poland vs. Argentina (LIVE)
Men's Water Polo - Qualifying Round (LIVE)
Montenegro vs. Serbia (LIVE)
Romania vs. Hungary (LIVE)
Men's Handball - Sweden vs. Iceland (LIVE)
Badminton - Semifinals
Equestrian - Dressage Qualifying
Men's Water Polo - Italy vs. Croatia (LIVE)
Badminton - Semifinal
5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Boxing - Elimination Bouts
· Just a little over a year ago, Jose Ramirez, the son of Mexican immigrants, was attending Fresno State University and working as a Starbucks barista. Now the boxer, who has been compared to former U.S. greats, aims to take another step towards an Olympic medal. NBC OLYMPIC BASKETBALL CHANNEL