THE VOICE Finale Hits Season-High in Total Viewers
THE VOICE, NBC
Past Articles by This Author:
ABC Takes Tuesday Night with 2013 NBA FinalsPRETTY LITTLE LIARS Returns as Cable's Highest-Rated ProgramBravo Promotes Ellen Stone to Executive Vice President, MarketingNBC Unveils Sports Events Coverage, 6/12-7/7VIDEO: Stephen King Takes Viewers UNDER THE DOME in New FeaturetteAnamanaguchi to Perform on LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON, 6/17BBC America Announces New Four-Part Docu-Series MY GOD, FULL OF STARSDiscovery Channel's KING OF THE GRILL to Premiere 6/26Disney XD's DISNEY TRYATHLON Two-Part Special to Air 8/12 & 19LATE SHOW's 'Top Ten 'Little-Known Facts About Superman?
NBC ranked #1 Tuesday night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49, as "The Voice" set records for a finale and grew 11 percent in 18-49 rating and 18 percent in total viewers versus the prior finale.
* From 9-11 p.m. ET, the finale of "The Voice" (4.9/13 in 18-49, 14.0 million viewers overall) set records for a "Voice" finale in adults 18-49 and total viewers, improving on the prior finale by 11 percent in 18-49 (with a 4.9 rating vs. a 4.4 from 9-11 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8) and up 18 percent in total viewers (14.044 million vs. 11.926 million).
* "The Voice" finale hit season-high results for the series in 18-49 and total viewers. These are the top "Voice" numbers since Tuesday, May 12, 2012. The 4.9 rating is NBC's best rating in the slot, excluding Olympics and nights of live news, since May 31, 2011 and the 14.044 million is NBC's biggest overall audience for non-Olympic programming in the slot since July 12, 2011. Versus NBC's average in the time period last season, last night's "The Voice" is up 123 percent in 18-49 rating (4.9 vs. 2.2) and up 135 percent in total viewers (14.044 million vs. 5.984 million).
* "The Voice" won the time period among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in all key categories and delivered a winning margin of 113 percent over CBS's second-place dramas in 18-49 (4.9 vs. 2.3).
* In "most current" season averages that exclude this season's October 2 recap episode and last season's February 5 post-Super Bowl premiere, "The Voice" has finished within 8 percent of last season's 18-49 average (with a combined 4.9 rating vs. a 5.3) and within 1 percent in total viewers (13.7 million vs. 13.8 million).
* From 8-9 p.m. ET, an encore "The Voice" averaged a 2.4/7 in 18-49 and 8.1 million viewers overall. "The Voice" encore was #2 in the time period among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in 18-49 and tied for #1 among women 18-34.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night:
* "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" delivered its strongest Tuesday results in metered-market households (a 3.5 rating, 9 share) since President Obama was a guest on October 25, 2011 (4.1/11). Jay's guests last night included Quentin Tarantino, LeAnn Rimes
* At 12:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.8/6 in metered-market households) earned its highest Tuesday rating since President Obama appeared on the April 24, 2012 telecast (1.8/6) and matched its highest Tuesday result since March 2, 2010 (1.9/7) during Jay Leno's first week back on "Tonight." Jimmy's guests last night included Tom Cruise, Judd Apatow, and musical guest Trans-Siberian Orchestra
* At 1:35 a.m. ET, "Last Call With Carson Daly" (1.1/4 in metered-market households) scored its top Tuesday rating since April 24 (1.1/5).
* In Nielsen's 56 metered markets, household results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 3.5/9; CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman," 2.5/6; and ABC's combo of "Nightline," 3.1/7; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 1.5/5.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," 1.3/6; "Late Show," 0.6/3; "Nightline," 0.9/4; and "Jimmy Kimmel Live," 0.5/3.
* At 12:35 a.m., "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (1.8/6 in metered-market households) beat CBS's "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.3/4). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Late Night" (0.7/4 in 18-49) topped "Late Late Show" (0.4/2).
* At 1:35 a.m., "Last Call with Carson Daly" averaged a 1.1/4 in metered-market households and a 0.4/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.
|Hottest Articles on BWW from Tuesday, Jun. 18|
by - June 18, 2013
|Review Roundup: THE COMEDY OF ERRORS Opens at Shakespeare in the Park|
by Review Roundups - June 18, 2013
|Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek, John Krasinski, Quvenzhane Wallis and More to Lend Voices to THE PROPHET Animated Film?|
June 18, 2013
|Sklar Brothers, Josh Blue and Rusty Z to Appear at Comedy Works, June 2013|
June 18, 2013
|Scoop: DATELINE on NBC - Friday, June 21, 2013|
by TV Scoop - June 18, 2013
More Articles by This Author...