This Week's DATELINE NBC Delivers Largest Audience Since June
Past Articles by This Author:
Writers Guild of America East Takes New NameTLC to Air Two-Part Special HONEY DO, 6/17VIDEO: Kevin Bacon & More Appear at FOX First-Ever Fan FrontESPN to Launch Daily Soccer Studio Show This SummerPBS to Bring LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX to U.S.VIDEO: Fischer, Krasinski & More Bid Farewell to NBC's THE OFFICEPBS Announces Premiere Date for DOWNTON ABBEY - Season 4!VIDEO: First Look - Trailers for New FOX Series GANG RELATED,SURVIVING JACKYahoo!, CNBC Launch Original Co-Production TALKING NUMBERSNBC Matches Highest Weeklong Primetime 18-49 Rating
NBC ranked #1 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox for the night in adults 18-49 with the #1 telecast on those networks, "Dateline NBC," and "SNL Christmas," which tied for #1 among those networks from 8-10 p.m.
- From 8-10 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of "SNL Christmas" (1.5/5 in adults 18-49, 4.4 million viewers overall) tied for the time-period win among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 and led those networks outright in adults 18-34 and other key demos. From its first half-hour to its fourth, "SNL Christmas" grew by 42 percent in 18-49 rating (to a 1.7 from a 1.2). "SNL Christmas" topped NBC's average in the time-period last season by 36 percent in 18-49 (with a 1.5 rating vs. a 1.1).
- For its second hour from 9-10 p.m. ET, "SNL Christmas" was #1 outright among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49 and other key demos.
- At 10 p.m. ET, "Dateline NBC" (1.7/3 in 18-49, 5.7 million viewers overall) led the time period in 18-49 among ABC, CBS and NBC with the #1 rating of the night. "Dateline" was also #1 or tied for #1 in the time period among those networks in adults, men and women 18-34; men and women 18-49 and adults and women 25-54.
- "Dateline NBC" reported its highest 18-49 rating since September 23, 2011 (2.0) and its biggest overall audience since June 1, 2012 (6.1 million). Week to week, "Dateline" was up 55 percent in adults 18-49 (to a 1.7 from a 1.1), 38 percent in adults 25-54 (2.2 vs. 1.6) and 40 percent in total viewers (6.059 million vs. 4.337 million).
- For the night, NBC is #1 among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and other key demos. It's NBC's first Friday win in 18-49 since October 26.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.
More Articles by This Author...