USA, PSYCH SLUMBER PARTY
Past Articles by This Author:
Writers Guild of America East Takes New NameTLC to Air Two-Part Special HONEY DO, 6/17VIDEO: Kevin Bacon & More Appear at FOX First-Ever Fan FrontESPN to Launch Daily Soccer Studio Show This SummerPBS to Bring LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX to U.S.VIDEO: Fischer, Krasinski & More Bid Farewell to NBC's THE OFFICEPBS Announces Premiere Date for DOWNTON ABBEY - Season 4!VIDEO: First Look - Trailers for New FOX Series GANG RELATED,SURVIVING JACKYahoo!, CNBC Launch Original Co-Production TALKING NUMBERSNBC Matches Highest Weeklong Primetime 18-49 Rating
USA Network's socially-enabled Psych Slumber Party was a big hit with its fans - from double-digit increases in ratings to new network records across multiple social channels including Facebook, Twitter, RebelMouse, GetGlue, Tout and Character Chatter. The party began on Friday, February 15 at midnight through Saturday, February 16 at 6amET, turning an original scripted program block into a real-time social event. The Psych Slumber Party performed above the prior four-week time period average by +24% in P18-49, +25% in P25-54, +41% in P18-34 and +24% in total viewers. With 172K social media mentions on Saturday, Psych delivered the best day ever in social media activity for any USA original and broke social records. This event successfully engaged PSYCH-Os in anticipation of the show's seventh season return on Wednesday, February 27 at 10/9c.
· Leading into the event, Psych fans voted more than 280,000 times for their favorite episodes to appear on-air during the slumber party.
· Psych was Saturday's #1 entertainment show on TV for social media mentions, almost double the #2 show and +327% above the top show on broadcast.
· The Psych Slumber Party drove about 157,000 Twitter mentions reaching 22.4 million people in their True Reach metric, with 12 trending hashtags: 8 domestically and 4 globally.
· Use of #PsychSlumberParty was +1600% greater than show-related hashtags associated with the Season 6.5 finale.
· GetGlue saw +58,000 check-ins for the event - the largest ever for this timeframe (+37% vs. the Season 6.5 finale). In another first, the exclusive stickers were created by a fan.
· Tout had the biggest-ever fan participation for a scripted TV promotion with almost 1,000 uploads, seeing a surge in response to on-air billboards featuring videos from fans.
· PSYCH'S Character Chatter earned 122K page views and 6K uniques - outperforming any prior Psych premiere date in page views.
More Articles by This Author...