Today,Xfinity TV from Comcast announced the winners of the 3rd Annual Xfinity On Demand Awards, a yearly salute to the most-watched TV series, movies and musicians On Demand. As Hollywood's biggest movie awards shows honor the biggest films of the silver screen, the Xfinity On Demand Awards recognizes the most-viewed On Demand content on the TV screen. This year's big Award winners include audience favorites like The Big Bang Theory, Duck Dynasty, 21 Jump Streetand Beyoncé.
"Each year, we look forward to seeing which shows, movies and musicians were top choices among audiences across the country. We saw huge growth in On Demand views this year, especially for current-season TV shows," says Maggie McLean Suniewick, Vice President, Video Services, Comcast Cable. "Xfinity On Demand is a top viewing destination for our customers, which is a testament to the continually growing library of content that we offer on the platform."
Data revealed that comedies ruled in both movies and TV series in 2012. It was also a big year for premium network television, as HBO's Game of Thrones and Girls (winner of two Golden Globes) were among the most-viewed overall television series.
The 2012 Xfinity On Demand Awards winners include:
- Most-Viewed Overall TV Series: The Big Bang Theory
- Most-Viewed New TV Series: Duck Dynasty
- Followed by Girls and Revolution
- Most-Viewed Kids TV Series: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Most-Viewed New Release Movie: 21 Jump Street
- Followed by The Hunger Games and Ted
- Most-Viewed Kids Movie: Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
- Followed by We Bought a Zoo and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
- Most-Viewed Indie Movie: ATM
- Followed by APARTMENT 143 and 96 Minutes